We are currently recruiting Support Staff to join the Hotel Etico Independence Program Team.
Support Workers' Main Duties:
- Support the Trainees in their day-to-day routine within the guidelines, policies and procedures outlined by Hotel Etico.
- Responsible for supporting Trainees in the hotel with employment skills, completing tasks where necessary and offering a variety of prompts as needed.
- Encourage independence using an array of strategies and knowledge of the individual.
- Promote and encourage Trainees to have choice and control over their lives.
- Support Trainees to make healthy food and beverage choices.
- Support Trainees to behave within the Hotel Etico policies and procedures.
- Role model high-quality support worker values and skills for the junior support team.
- Role model support strategies around challenging behaviours.
- Support operational staff to keep Trainees on task and engaged in the workplace and during training sessions.
- Support and guide operational staff to improve their interactions and communications with Trainees.
- Respond, interact, and answer guests/visitor’s questions politely and professionally while working in the hotel space.
Support staff are employed under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award.
Criminal record checks with the NSW Police, Working with Children check, NDIS Worker Screening Check and referee checks are part of Hotel Etico Australia’s recruitment process. You will also be required to have Proof of vaccination against Covid 19 and have or be scheduled to obtain a first aid certificate. To be considered for this opportunity you must have a legal entitlement to work in Australia
To apply please email a cover letter and your resume to: email@example.com